Tuesday 29 March 2011

First Entry - Introduction

Welcome to Slag Creek, my new blog detailing my exploits with the game "Necromunda" - a wonderful tabletop wargame by Games Workshop, based around small-scale gang warfare. A couple of months ago, my friend Chris and I were discussing the annoying length of time and money it takes to build an entire army for Warhammer 40,000, and fondly remembering games of Necromunda that we played in our younger days. Overcome by ideas and desire, I put forward the idea of setting up new gangs and starting a campaign, to which Chris was very happy to agree with. Not wanting to waste time or allow this to turn into another "wouldn't this be cool" idea that never actually happens, I immediately went to the GW online store and purchased a gang set, Chris purchased one, and we convinced two other friends to do the same.

This blog will initially detail the assembly and painting of my gang and terrain, and later will include campaign updates/battle reports. Whilst I initially expect it to be read by just my gaming group, I hope any other Necromunda enthusiasts who stumble across it will find some or all of the posts to be entertaining/inspirational.

Tokes.

No comments:

Post a Comment